Third Party QA/QC Inspections
What is QA/QC?
- Quality Assurance (QA) is the process or set of processes used to measure and assure the quality of a product. QA is process oriented and focuses on defect prevention.
- Quality Control (QC) is the process of ensuring products and services meet the customer’s requirements and specifications. QC is product oriented and focuses on defect identification.
ICS can serve as the Owner/Operator’s representative, performing duties such as:
- Conducting vendor audits, to evaluate a fabricator’s own quality management program, material handling, welding procedures, etc.
- Performing third party inspections, throughout the fabrication process, including:
- Pre-fabrication Inspections
- In-process hold-point Inspections
- Final Inspections/Functional Acceptance Tests (FATs)
- Witnessing of hydrostatic and pneumatic pressure testing
- Performing the above tasks, for repairs and alterations of existing equipment